This time of the year is exceptionally hectic, with many things going on. NSF proposals, teaching, writing papers, running experiments, analyzing data…. All of this is great fun, but it can be overwhelming. Luckily, Thanksgiving is coming up and with it an opportunity to take a deep breath.
And while everybody is busy, Covid is launching the next wave. Here in Oklahoma, practically nobody out side of the university is wearing a mask; a decision that some will pay for dearly.
As the year winds down, I was thinking about publications and in 2021 we did well, despite the pandemic. See the list below! And the year is not quite over yet ;).
- RODRIGUEZ-SILVA, R., JOSAPHAT, J., TORRES PINEDA, P.* & SCHLUPP, I. (2021) Annotated list of livebearing fishes (Cyprinodontiformes: Poeciliidae) from Lake Miragoane in southwestern Haiti. Novitates Caribaea (17) 147-162.
- SPIKES, M. & SCHLUPP, I. (2021) Males can’t afford to be choosy: male reproductive investment does not influence preference for female size in Limia (Poeciliidae). Behavioural Processes (183). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.beproc.2021.104315
- RODRIGUEZ-SILVA, R. & SCHLUPP, I. (2021) Biogeography of the West Indies: a complex scenario for species radiations in terrestrial and aquatic habitats. Ecology and Evolution.https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ece3.7236
- RIESCH, R., MAKOWICZ, A., JOACHIM, B., GARCÍA-DE LEÓN, F.J. & SCHLUPP, I. (2021) Life history of the Tamesí molly, Poecilia latipunctata, from two populations in the Río Tamesí drainage in northeastern México. Revista Mexicana de Biodiversidad, 92, e923107.
- RODRIGUEZ-SILVA, R. & SCHLUPP, I. (2021) Testing Janzen’s mountain passes theory through analyses of thermal breadth in livebearing fishes of the genus Limia (Teleostei, Poeciliidae) in the Antilles. Novitates Caribeae, (18), 46 – 62.
- SPIKES, M., HUEBLER, S*. & SCHLUPP, I. (2021) Male secondary sexual traits do not predict female preference in Caribbean livebearing fishes (Limia). Ethology, (127) 675–681.
- SMITH, S. N., SCHLUPP, I., HIGGINS, E. D., WATTERS, J. L., BENNETT, K.-A., BRÄGER, S. & SILER, C. D. (2021) Development and validation of an environmental DNA assay for an invasive freshwater fish, the guppy (Poecilia reticulata). Environmental DNA, 00, 1-7.
- RODRIGUEZ-SILVA, R., SPIKES, M. ITURRIAGA, M., BENNETT, K.-A., JOSAPHAT, J., TORRES PINEDA, P., BRÄGER, S. & SCHLUPP, I. (2021) Feeding strategies and diet variation in livebearing fishes of the genus Limia (Cyprinodontiformes: Poeciliidae) in the Greater Antilles. Ecology of Freshwater Fish, 00, 1-12.